Zygopetalum crinitum is a species of genus Zygopetalum
Plants bloom from winter to spring with eight to ten 9 cm wide flowers. Flowers are fragrant.
Plants are found in Santa Catarina to Espiritu Santo states, Brazil at elevations of 600 to 1200 meters
Keep plant frost free and at cool to intermediate temperatures. Plant will tolerate temperatures of 28°C only for several hours. Keep plant in medium to bright light. Zygopetalums can take morning sun and filtered noon sunlight. Light green leaves with a bit of yellow indicates maximum sun light absorption. Zygopetalum potting media should not be allowed to dry out. Keep moist but not soggy. Water about every five to seven days. Plants should be potted in medium to fine bark with some perlite.
Common Names: The Hairy Zygopetalum
- Zygopetalum claesianum Hort. 1894
- Zygopetalum crinitum var coeruleum Willms. 1885
- Zygopetalum crinitum var roseum Hort 1892
- Zygopetalum crinitum var rubellum Hort 1855
- Zygopetalum crepeauxii Carrière 1887
- Zygopetalum intermedium Linden & Rodigas. 1890
- Zygopetalum mackaii Hort 1899
- Zygopetalum mackaii Hkr. var. convexum Mutel 1842
- Zygopetalum mackaii Hkr. var. crinitum Lindley 1833
- Zygopetalum microtis Hoffmannsegg 1863
- Zygopetalum pubescens Hoffmannsegg 1843; Zygopetalum stenochilum Lodd. 1833