Vandopsis gigantea is an species in the genus Vandopsis.
Plant blooms from spring to summer with five to fifteen 7 cm wide flowers. Flowers are fragrant
Plants are found growing in China, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, Laos and Vietnam at elevations of 300 to 1100 meters
Plants are best grown hanged in baskets and on mounted and usually require full sunlight and intermediate to warm temperatures. If hunged the roots must be watered frequently. Plants should be grown in a large pot with media that is well drained such as tree fern fibers (for small plants),several pieces of coarse fir bark and charcoal, or sphagnum moss.
Common Names: The Giant Vandopsis
- Fieldia gigantea Rchb. f. 1874
- Stauropsis chinensis Rolfe 1907
- *Stauropsis gigantea Benth. ex Pfitzer 1882
- Vanda gigantea Lindl. 1828
- Vanda lindleyana Griff. ex Lindl. & Paxton 1851-2
- Vandopsis chinensis Schlechter 1911