Stanhopea tricornis is an species of the genus Stanhopea.
Plant blooms from winter through summer with up to three 12.5 cm wide flowers. Flowers are fragrant.
The plant is found growing on wet montane forest on the western slope of the Andes mountain range in Colombia, Ecuador and Peru at elevations of 0 to 1200 meters
Plant should be grown in shade. Keep in warm temperatures and water regularly. Pot in medium fir bark or sphagnum moss. Keep humidity high. Plants are usually grown in baskets.
Common Name: The Three-Horned Stanhopea
- Stanhopea convoluta Rolfe 1909
- Stanhopea langlasseana Cogn. 1901
- Stanhopea stenochila F. Lehm. & Kraenzl. 1900
- Stanhopea tigrina Bateman ex Lindl. 1838
- Stanhopea wallisii Rchb. f. 1877