Stanhopea hernandezii is a Stanhopea species endemic to Mexico.
Plants are found on rock slopes and trees in Morelos, Mexico, Michoacan and Guerrero states of Mexico at elevations of 1700 to 2250 meters
Plant blooms from spring to summer with 2 to 3 flowered per a inflorescence. Flowers are fragrant and 9 to 11 cm wide.
Plant should be grown in shade. Keep in cool to intermediate temperatures and water regularly. Pot in medium fir bark or sphagnum moss. Keep humidity high. Plants are usually grown in baskets.
Common Name:Hernandez' Stanhopea
- Anguloa hernandezii Kunth 1822
- Stanhopea cavendishii Lindl. ex Barker
- Stanhopea devoniana Hort. ex Henshall 1845
- Stanhopea devoniensis Lindl. 1838
- Stanhopea expansa hort. ex Lodd. 1844
- Stanhopea lyncea (Lindl.) P.N. Don 1845