Spiranthes tuberosa is a plant of the family Orchidaceae and the genus Spiranthes
Plant is found in growing in pine, oak, or hickory forest of eastern and south central United States at elevations of 0 to 400 meters
Plant blooms from summer to fall with ten to thirty 3mm wide flowers.
Grow in moderate lighting. Plant grows in cool to cold temperatures and should be water regularly during growing season and reduced during flowering. Reduce watering during dormancy period in the winter and mist occasionally. Pot with 70% fine to medium grade perlite or clay and 30% soil, pea
Common name: The Tuberous Spiranthes
- Spiranthes simplex A.Gray, 1867, nom. illeg.
- Spiranthes grayi Ames, 1904.
- Gyrostachys grayi Britton, 1907.
- Triorchis grayi (Ames) Nieuwl., 1913.
- Spiranthes tuberosa var. grayi (Ames) Fernald, 1946.