Spiranthes odorata is a plant of the family Orchidaceae and the genus Spiranthes
Plant is found in the grassy marshes of Southern United States.
Plant blooms from fall to spring with many flowers. Flowers are fragrant.
Grow in moderate lighting. Plant grows in cool to cold temperatures and should be water regularly during growing season and reduced during flowering. Reduce watering during dormancy period in the winter and mist occasionally. Pot with 70% fine to medium grade perlite and 30% soil or clay peat
Common name: Fragrant Ladie's Tresses
- Coccineorchis cernua (Lindl.) Garay 1978
- Gyrostachys odorata (Nutt.) Kuntze 1891
- Gyrostachys triloba Sm 1898
- Ibidium odoratum (Nutt.) House 1906
- Ibidium trilobum Sm. 1913
- *Neottia odorata Nutt. 1834
- Spiranthes cernua [L.] L. C. Rich. var odorata [Nutth.] Correll 1940
- Spiranthes coccinea Garay 1967
- Spiranthes triloba (Small) K.Schum. 1898
- Triorchis odorata [Nutth.] Nieuwl. 1913
- Triorchis triloba [Sm.] House 1920