Spiranthes lucida is a plant of the family Orchidaceae and the genus Spiranthes
Plant is found growing in the Southeastern Canada and Eastern United States, north of Virginia and east of Nebraska.
Plant blooms from summer to fall with many 5.5 mm wide flowers.
Grow in moderate lighting. Plant grows in cool to cold temperatures and should be water regularly during growing season and reduced during flowering. Reduce watering during dormancy period in the winter and mist occasionally. Pot with 70% fine to medium grade perlite or clay and 30% soil, pea
Common name: The Shining Spiranthes, The Shining Ladies Tresses
- Gyrostachys plantaginea (Raf.) Britton 1896
- Ibidium plantagineum House 1905
- Neottia aestivalis Oakes ex A.Gray 1867
- *Neottia lucida H.H.Eaton 1832
- Neottia plantaginea Raf. 1818
- Spiranthes aestivalis Oakes 1842
- Spiranthes latifolia Torr. ex Lindl. 1840
- Spiranthes plantaginea (Raf.) Raf. 1833
- Triorchis plantaginea (Raf.) Nieuwl. 1913