Sophronitis wittigiana is a plant in the genus Sophronitis.
Plant bloom in the winter with a single 6.5 cm wide flower.
Plant is found growing in Espiritu Santo State, Brazil at elevations of 700 to 2000 meters
Plants should be grown in medium fir bark with partial to full sun. Plant is a intermediate to warm growing orchid species. Water approximately once a week. Plant can also be mounted.
Common Name: Wittig's Sophronitis
- Hadrolaelia wittigiana ( Barb.Rodr. ) Chiron & V.P.Castro 2002
- Sophronitis grandiflora var rosea Hort 1884
- Sophronitis purpurea Rchb.f 1878
- Sophronitis rosea Gostling 1884; Sophronitis rosea var wittigiana Barb Rodr.
- Sophronitis violacea O'Brien 1886