Serapias orientalis is a terrestrial orchid that is found in Europe.
Plant is found growing in the damp meadows of Greece, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Israel and Jordan at elevations of 0 to 1000 meters
Plants blooms from in the spring with three to eight 4 cm wide flowers.
Grow in partial sun. Plant grows in cool to cold temperatures and should be water regularly during growing season and reduced during flowering. With hold watering during dormancy period (in winter and summer) and mist occasionally. Pot with 70% fine to medium grade perlite or clay and 30% soil, peat, or bark. Plant can tolerate frost.
Common Name: The Eastern Serapias
- Serapias cordigera subsp. orientalis (Greuter) H.Sund. 1980
- Serapias cycladum H.Baumann & Künkele 1989
- Serapias feldwegiana H.Baumann & Künkele 1989
- Serapias ionica (E.Nelson) H.Baumann & Künkele 1988
- Serapias neglecta var. ionica E.Nelson 1968
- Serapias orientalis var. cordigeroides E.Nelson 1968
- *Serapias vomeracea subsp. orientalis Greuter 1972
- Serapias patmia M.Hirth & H.Spaeth 1994