Sacoila is a genus of orchids (family (Orchidaceae) belonging to the subfamily Orchidoideae.
Plants are distributed from Florida, USA through Central America to South America.
Plants are terrestrial and blooms with many flowers which have a short column.
Grow in moderate lighting. Plant grows in cool to warm temperatures and should be water regularly. Reduce watering during the winter. Keep potting media moist. Pot with a well drain mix such as fine to medium grade bark with perlite or in sphagnum moss.
This genus is named after the greek words "sakkos" meaning bag and "koilos" meaning hollow referring to the hollow spurs formed by the sepals.
- Sacoila argentina (Griseb.) Garay, 1980 publ. 1982.
- Sacoila duseniana (Kraenzl.) Garay, 1980 publ. 1982.
- Sacoila foliosa (Schltr.) Garay, 1980 publ. 1982.
- Sacoila hassleri (Cogn.) Garay, 1980 publ. 1982.
- Sacoila lanceolata (Aubl.) Garay, 1980 publ. 1982.
- Sacoila squamulosa (Kunth) Garay, 1980 publ. 1982.