Rossioglossum is a genus that consist of 6 species.
The genus is distributed from Mexico through Panama.
The genus was separated from Odontoglossum because of their free lip perpendicular to the column with auriculate basal lobes and a specialized callus.
Grow plants in cool to intermediate temperatures in partial shade to bright light. Water plant when mix drys. During the winter give plants a slight dryout between waterings. Water approximately once a week. Pot with medium fir bark.
The genus is named after Ross, an English orchid collector in Barker, Mexico and the greek word Greek glossa, which means tongue
- Rossioglossum grande (Lindl.) Garay & G.C.Kenn
- Rossioglossum hagsaterianum Soto Arenas
- Rossioglossum insleayi (Baker ex Lindl.) Garay & G.C.Kenn
- Rossioglossum schlieperianum (Rchb.f.) Garay & G.C.Kenn
- Rossioglossum splendens (Rchb.f.) Garay & G.C.Kenn.
- Rossioglossum williamsianum (Rchb.f.) Garay & G.C.Kenn.