Psychopsis krameriana is an epiphytic orchid from South America.
Plant can bloom at any time of the year with one to two 12.5 cm wide flowers.
Psychopsis krameriana is found in Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru at elevations of 50 to 1300 meters
Keep the plant in shade to moderate light and in a well drain mix or mounted. Use potting media such as chopped sphagnum, tree fern fibers, fir bark, charcoal or perlite. Water around every 2 to 3 days. Although plant is warm growing, it can tolerate intermediate temperatures. Keep humidity high during summer and well ventalated. Water regularly in spring to fall. Reduce watering in the winter and let pot dry between waterings. If over watered the plant may rot from fungus.
Common name: Kramer's Psychopsis
- Oncidium kramerianum Rchb. f. 1855
- Oncidium krameriana var resplendens Rchb.f 1888
- Oncidium nodosum Morren 1874
- Oncidium papilio var. kramerianum (Rchb. f.) Lindl. 1855
- Oncidium papilioniforme Regel 1880
- Papiliopsis krameriana (Rchb. f.) Morren 1874
- Papiliopsis nodosus E.Morren ex Cogn. & Marchal 1874