Prosthechea prismatocarpa is an epiphytic orchid from the genus Prosthechea.
Plant flowers from spring to fall with six to thirty five 5 cm wide flowers. Flowers are fragrant.
Plant is found growing on large tree branches in the lower montane cloud forest of Mexico and Central America at elevations of 1200 to 2500 meters
Plants grow in cool to warm conditions and can be grown in medium size fir bark with perlite. Plant prefers drying periods between watering and bright light is recommended. Lengthen drying period a bit in the winter.
Common Names:The Prismatic Seedpod Encyclia
- Epidendrum maculatum hort.
- *Epidendrum prismatocarpum Rchb. f. 1852
- Epidendrum uro-Skinneri hort.
- Prosthechea prismatocarpa (Rchb. f.) W.E. Higgins 1997
- Pseudencyclia prismatocarpa (Rchb.f.) V.P.Castro & Chiron 2003