Polystachya golungensis is an epiphytic orchid in the genus Polystachya.
Plant blooms in the summer with several 6mm wide flowers.
Plants are found growing in the lowland forest of Ghana, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Togo, Central African Republic, Cameroon, Gabon, Gulf of Guinea Islands, Zaire, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Angola, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe at elevations of 200 to 1800 meters
Plants should be grown in fine fir bark or in sphagnum moss with moderate light and warm temperatures. Plants can also be mounted. Water regularly during the summer. Reduce watering during the winter and water about every two weeks.
Common Names:The Golunge Polystachya
- Dendrorchis golungensis (Rchb.f.) Kuntze 1891
- Polystachya coriacea Rolfe 1913
- Polystachya johnsonii Kraenzl. 1926
- Polystachya mayombensis De Wild. 1903
- Polystachya spiranthoides Kraenzl. 1926