Pleione hookeriana is a species of Pleione found in East Asia.
Plant blooms from spring to summer with a single 4 cm wide flower.
Plant is found growing as an epiphyte in thick moss in the bamboo and rhododendron forest of Assam and Sikkim India; Nepal; Bhutan; Myanmar; Northern Thailand; Laos; and Guizhou and Xizang China at elevations of 2200 to 4200 meters
Plant goes dormant in the fall to late spring. Pot plants in a mix of bark and sphagnum moss, or in 50% peat and 50% perlite. Mix should retain moisture and should be well drained. Plants should be watered constantly during growing season. Stop watering when leaves drop. Plant should be misted lightly and potting media should be kept dried during dormancy starting from fall. Keep plant cool from 16° to 75°F during growing season and cold during dormancy form 50° to 25°F. Grow in diffused light and fertilize at half strength during summer. Keep in a well circulated area.
Common name: Hooker's Pleione
- Coelogyne hookeriana Lindl. 1854
- Coelogyne hookeriana var. brachyglossa Rchb.f. 1887
- Coelogyne schilleriana Rchb. f. 1858
- Pleione hookeriana var. brachyglossa (Rchb.f.) Karth. 1989
- Pleione laotica Kerr 1933
- Pleione schilleriana (Rchb. f.) Kuntze 1891