Pleione formosana is a species of Pleione found in East Asia.
Plant blooms from winter to spring with a single 10 cm wide flower.
Plant is found growing in the mountains of Taiwan, China at elevations of 1500 to 2500 meters
Plant goes dormant in the late fall to early spring. Pot plants in a mix of bark and sphagnum moss, or in 50% peat and 50% perlite. Mix should retain moisture and should be well drained. Plants should be watered constantly during growing season. Stop watering when leaves drop. Plant should be misted lightly and potting media should be kept dried during dormancy in the fall. Keep plant cool from 16° to 75°F during growing season and cold during dormancy form 50° to 25°F. Grow in diffused light and fertilize at half strength during summer.
|Pleione formosana var. alba||Sepals and petals are white. Lip is white with yellow spots|
Common name: The Formosa Pleione
- Coelogyne formosana (Hayata) Kudo 1931
- Pleione bulbocodioides var. nivea (Fukuy.) S.S.Ying 1977
- Pleione formosana f. alba Torelli & Riccab. 2000
- Pleione formosana var. nivea Fukuy. 1932
- Pleione hookeriana f. nivea (Fukuy.) M.Hiroe 1971
- Pleione hui Schlechter 1924
- Pleione pricei Rolfe 1917
- Pleione prisei Rolfe 1917