Pleione bulbocodioides is a species of Pleione found in East Asia.
Plant blooms from spring to summer with a single 7.5 cm wide flower.
Plant is found growing on mossy rocks in Yunnan China at elevations of 900 to 3600 meters
Plant goes dormant in the late fall to early spring. Pot plants in a mix of bark and sphagnum moss, or in 50% peat and 50% perlite. Mix should retain moisture and should be well drained. Plants should be watered constantly during growing season. Stop watering when leaves drop. Plant should be misted lightly and potting media should be kept dried during dormancy in the fall. Keep plant cool from 16° to 75°F during growing season and cold during dormancy form 50° to 25°F. Grow in diffused light and fertilize at half strength during summer.
Common name: The Bulbocodium-Like Pleione
- *Coelogyne bulbocodioides Franch. 1888
- Coelogyne delavayi Rolfe 1896
- Coelogyne henryi Rolfe 1896
- Coelogyne pogonioides Rolfe 1896
- Pleione communis Gagnep. 1931
- Pleione delavayi (Rolfe) Rolfe 1903
- Pleione fargesii Gagnep. 1931
- Pleione ganchuenensis Gagnep. 1931
- Pleione henryi (Rolfe) Schltr. 1919
- Pleione mairei Schltr. 1919
- Pleione pogonioides (Rolfe) Rolfe 1903
- Pleione rhombilabia Hand.-Mazz. 1936
- Pleione smithii Schltr. 1924