Pholidota chinensis, is an orchid in the genus Pholidota.
Plant blooms in the spring with up to twenty five 2 cm wide flowers.
Plant are found growing in the forest of Vietnam, Burma, Hong Kong and southern China at elevations of 300 to 2500 meters
Plants are grown from intermediate to warm temperatures in partial shade to moderate lighting. Water regularly during the summer, about once every two days and gradually reduce in the winter. Water about once every two to three weeks and gradually increase watering as new roots begin to show. Pot in a well drain medium. Pot in a plastic or clay pot with a mix of fine fir bark, tree fern fibers, and perlite or pot in New Zealand sphagnum moss.
Common Name: The Chinese Pholidota
- Coelogyne chinensis (Lindl.) Rchb. f. 1864
- Coelogyne corniculata Rchb. f. 1865
- Coelogyne pholas Rchb.f 1861
- Pleione corniculata (Rchb.f.) Kuntze 1891
- Pholidota annamensis Gagnep 1931
- Pholidota corniculata Pfitzer & Kraenzl. 1907
- Pholidota laucheana Kraenzl. 1892
- Pholidota pholas Rchb. f. 1864
- Pholidota pyrranthela Gagnep. 1950