Pholidota articulata, is an orchid in the genus Pholidota.
Plant blooms from spring to summer with many 1.25 cm wide flowers. Flowers are fragrant.
Plant are found growing in Assam, Nepal, the Himalayas, India, Tibet, China, Burma, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Borneo, Java, Sulawesi and Sumatra at elevations of 300 to 2000 meters
Plants are grown from cool to warm temperatures in partial shade to moderate lighting. Water regularly during the summer, about once every two days and gradually reduce in the winter. Water about once every two to three weeks and gradually increase watering as new roots begin to show. Pot in a well drain medium. Pot in a plastic or clay pot with a mix of fine fir bark, tree fern fibers, and perlite or pot in New Zealand sphagnum moss.
Common Name: The Articulated Pholidota
- Coelogyne articulata (Lindl.) Rchb. f. 1864
- Coelogyne griffithii Hook. f. 1890
- Coelogyne khasyana Rchb. f. 1861
- Pholidota articulata var minahassae J.J.Sm. 1919
- Pholidota articulata var. obovata (Hook. f.) T. Tang & F.T. Wang 1951
- Pholidota decurva Ridl. 1896
- Pholidota griffithii Hkr. 1889
- Pholidota khasiyana Rchb. f. 1856
- Pholidota lagardii Rolfe 1893
- Pholidota lugardii Rolfe 1893
- Pholidota minahassae schlechter 1911
- Pholidota obovata Hook. f. 1890
- Pholidota repens Rolfe 1891