Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Phalaenopsis lobbii is an species in the genus Phalaenopsis.
Plant blooms in the spring with several sequential opening 2 cm wide flowers.
The species was discovered by Reverand C.S. Parish while traveling in Moulmein. It was later introduce in to cultivation by Messrs. Low & Co. in England in 1862.
Plants grow on old trees and mossy branches in the lowland forest of the Himalayas, NE India, Bhutan, Sikkim, Myanamar and Vietnam at elevations of 366 to 1200 meters
Grow in warm temperatures. Pot in medium fir bark and keep in partial shade. Water about once a week. Keep plant fairly moist but not wet.
Common Names: Lobb's Phalaenopsis
- Phalaenopsis decumbens [Griff]Holtman var lobbii ?
- Phalaenopsis listeri Berkley 1887
- Phalaenopsis lobbii (Rchb. f.) Aver. 1988
- Phalaenopsis lobbii f. flavilabia Christenson 2001
- *Phalaenopsis parishii var. lobbii Rchb. f. 1870
- Polychilos lobbii (Rchb. f.) Shim 1982
- Sweet, Herman R.. The Genus Phalaenopsis. The Orchid Digest, 1980.