Paphiopedilum villosum is a species of Paphiopedilum found in Asia.
Plant blooms in the spring with a single 15 cm wide flower.
Plants are found growing on mossy tree limbs and trunks in Assam India; Northern Burma; Northern Thailand; and Yunnan China at elevations of 1200 to 1500 meters. The area has heavy rains in summer and fall. In the summer the habitat is subjected to heavy fogs and drizzle.
Plant should be grown in areas with moderately bright light and cool to intermediate temperatures. Pot in a well drain mix such as medium fir bark and perlite. Species can tolerate many different potting mediums. Water regularly about every four to five days. To induce blooming reduce watering during the winter.
|Paphiopedilum villosum variant||Dorsal sepal is red with a white tip and petals are orange, lip is orange|
Common Names:The Hirsute Paphiopedilum
- Cordula villosa [Lindley] Rolfe 1912
- *Cypripedium villosum Lindl. 1854
- Paphiopedilum densissimum Liu & Chen 2002
- Paphiopedilum macranthum Z.J.Liu & S.C.Chen 2002
- Paphiopedilum villosum f. aureum Braem 1998
- Paphiopedilum villosum var. fuscoroseum Aver. 2002
- Paphiopedilum villosum var. fuscoviride Aver. 2002