Paphiopedilum niveum is a species of Paphiopedilum found in Asia.
Plant blooms in the in the summer with one 7 cm flower.
Plants are found growing in cracks with limestone and on mossy tree trunks in Lang Kawi Islands of Malaysia at elevations of 9 to 60 meters. The area is subjected to heavy rain in the fall. From winter to spring there are drizzles and fog.
Plant should be grown in areas with bright light and intermediate to warm temperatures. Pot in a well drain mix such as medium fir bark and perlite. Water regularly about every four to five days. Reduce watering during the winter and increase watering during the fall. Bright light promotes flowering.
Common Names: The Snow-White Paphiopedilum
- Cordula nivea [Rchb.f] Rolfe 1912
- Cypripedium concolor var. niveum Rchb.f 1883
- *Cypripedium niveum Rchb.f 1869
- Cypripedium niveum var. album auct. in ?
- Paphiopedilum niveum f. album (auct.) O.Gruss 1999