Paphiopedilum hennisianum is a species of Paphiopedilum found in Asia.
Plant blooms in the spring with a single 6 cm wide flower.
Plants are found growing in moss and leaf litter in Pany, Negros and Visayan; Philippines at elevations of 640 to 1000 meters. The area is never dry and subjected to heavy rains in the fall and winter, light rains in the spring, and a dry humid summer.
Plant should be grown in areas with moderately bright light and intermediate to warm temperatures. Pot in a well drain mix such as medium fir bark and perlite. Water regularly about every four to five days. To induce blooming reduce watering in the late winter. Keep humidity high. Flower stems will droop if the light is insufficient.
Common Names:Hennis' Paphiopedilum
- Cypripedium dauthieri Rchb.f. ex Kittel 1885
- *Paphiopedilum barbatum var. hennisianum M.W. Wood 1976
- Paphiopedilum hennisianum f. christiansenii (O.Gruss & Roeth) O.Gruss & Roeth 1999
- Paphiopedilum hennisianum var. christiansenii O.Gruss & Roeth 1996
- Paphiopedilum hennisianum var purpureum Hort 1981