Paphiopedilum dayanum is a species of Paphiopedilum found in Asia.
Plant blooms in the spring with a single 12.5 cm wide flower.
Plants are found growing on the forest floor, on tree trunks or serpentine moss with rocks in Sabah and Borneo at elevations of 550 to 1000 meters. The area is subjected to cool temperatures and heavy rains during summer and fall. Spring is hot and humid with drizzles and winter is warm and rainy.
Plant should be grown in areas with moderately bright light and intermediate temperatures. Pot in a well drain mix such as medium fir bark and perlite. Water regularly about every four to five days. To induce blooming lower temperatures in the winter.
Common Names:Day's Paphiopedilum
- Cordula dayana Rolfe 1912
- Cordula petri (Rchb.f.) Rolfe 1912
- *Cypripedium dayanum Rchb. f. 1862
- Cypripedium ernestianum L.Castle 1887
- Cypripedium peteri Rchb.f. 1887
- Cypripedium petri Rchb.f. 1880
- Cypripedium spectabile var. dayanum Lindl. 1860
- Paphiopedilum dayanum var. petri (Rchb.f.) Pfitzer 1903
- Paphiopedilum petri (Rchb.f.) Pfitzer 1894