Oncidium hians is an epiphytic orchid from the genus Oncidium.
Plants blooms in the fall with up to five 1.25 cm wide flowers.
Plants are found in southeastern Brazil and Peru at elevations around 1000 meters
Grow in intermediate to warm conditions with moderate to bright light. Water the plant right before the potting mix starts to dry. Plants should be potted in a well drain medium such as medium fir bark.
Common name: The Gaping Oncidium
- Aurinocidium hians ( Lindl. ) Romowicz & Szlach. 2006
- Grandiphyllum hians ( Lindl. ) Docha Neto 2006
- Oncidium leucostomum Hoffmanns. ex Lindl. 1855
- Oncidium maxilligerum Lem. 1856
- Oncidium quadricorne Klotzsch 1852