Oeonia, abbreviated as Oeo in horticultural trade, is a genus of the Orchid family (Orchidaceae).
Plants in this genus are found in Madagascar
Plants are best grown hanged in baskets and on mounted and usually require moderate sunlight and cool to intermediate temperatures. Plants must be watered frequently in the summer and reduced to a daily misting during the winter except for warm winter days. If potted should be grown in media that is well drained such as tree fern fibers (for small plants),several pieces of medium fir bark, or sphagnum moss.
The genus is named after the eagle like shape of the flowers.
- Aeonia Lindl. 1824
- Oeonia brauniana H.Wendl. & Kraenzl. in H.G.Reichenbach, 1900.
- Oeonia brauniana var. brauniana.
- Oeonia brauniana var. sarcanthoides (Schltr.) Bosser, 1989.
- Oeonia curvata Bosser, 2000.
- Oeonia madagascariensis (Schltr.) Bosser,1984.
- Oeonia rosea Ridl., J. Linn. Soc., 1885.
- Oeonia volucris (Thouars) Spreng., 1826.