Octomeria grandiflora is a species in the Octomeria genus.
Plant blooms from fall to spring with a single 2.5 cm wide flower.
Plant is found growing in Nicaragua, Trinidad and Tobago, French Guiana, Guyana, Surinam, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, and Brazil at elevations of 100 to 2500 meters
Keep plant in partial shade. Plant can be grown in cool to warm conditions. Pot the plant in fine bark with perlite or sphagnum moss. Water regularly and keep potting media moist.
Common Name: The Large-Flowered Octomeria
- Octomeria arcuata Rolfe 1909
- Octomeria boliviensis Rolfe 1907
- Octomeria ruthiana Hoehne 1937
- Octomeria robusta Barb. Rodr. 1881
- Octomeria robusta Rchb.f. & Warm. 1881
- Octomeria seegeriana Kraenzl. 1892
- Octomeria similis Schltr. 1922
- Octomeria surinamensis Focke 1849