Miltonia spectabilis is an epiphytic orchid from the genus Miltonia.
Plant blooms in the summer with a single 10 cm wide flower.
Plants are found in the rain forest of South Eastern Brazil at elevations around 800 meters.
Grow in intermediate conditions with moderate light during Summer, and more light during Winter. High humidity is essential for successful cultivation (which makes them not so easy to grow in a windowsill unless in some kind of protected micro climate). The pot medium should not dry out completely, but sufficient drainage is needed to avoid root rot. At all time mist the plants frequently, if possibly in the morning to mimic the morning dew of the natural habitat. Plants should be potted in a well drain medium such as medium fir bark.
Common name: The Outstanding Miltonia
- Macrochilus fryanus Kns. & Westc. 1838
- Miltonia bicolor Lodd. ex Buyss. 1878
- Miltonia spectabilis var. aspersa Rchb.f. 1885
- Miltonia spectabilis var. bicolor G.Nicholson 1886
- Miltonia spectabilis var. lineata L.Linden & Rodigas 1886
- Miltonia spectabilis var. porphyroglossa Rchb.f. 1856
- Miltonia spectabilis var. virginalis Lem 1868
- Miltonia spectabilis var. radians Rchb.f. 1856
- Oncidium spectabile [Lindl.] Rchb.f 1854