Maxillaria variabilis is a species in the Maxillaria genus.
Plant blooms any time of the year with a single 1.5 cm flower. Color varitions from yellow to red.
Plant is found in open and dense forest of Mexico Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia and Ecuador at elevations of 500 to 2500 meters
Plant can be grown in a fine bark medium, full sphagnum moss, or mounted on treefern or cork. Grow in cool to warm conditions with medium amounts of light. Water regularly and keep mix moist but not wet. Plant require semi-dry rest through the winter month.
Common Name: The Variable Maxillaria
- Maxillaria angustifolia Hooker 1841
- Maxillaria chiriquensis Schlechter 1922
- Maxillaria henchmanni Hooker 1837
- Maxillaria lyoni Lindley 1845
- Maxillaria panamensis Schltr. 1922; Maxillaria revoluta Kl. 1852