Maxillaria cucullata is a species in the Maxillaria genus.
Plant blooms from fall to early winter with a single flower. Flowers are fragrant and 4 to 9 cm wide
Plant is found in damp rainforest of Southern Mexico to Ecuador at elevations of 700 to 3300 meters.
Plant can be grown in a fine bark medium, full sphagnum moss, or mounted on treefern or cork. Grow in cool to warm conditions with medium amounts of light. Water regularly and keep mix moist but not wet. Plant require semi-dry rest through the winter month.
|Maxillaria cucullata variant||Sepals and Petals are reddish. lip is black|
|Maxillaria cucullata variant||Sepals and Petals are yellow with red stripes. lip is black|
Common Name: The Cowl Carrying Maxillaria
- Maxillaria atrata Rchb. f. 1866
- Maxillaria galeata Rchb.f 1842
- Maxillaria praestans Rchb. f. 1885
- Maxillaria rhombea Lindl. 1840
- Maxillaria rubrilabia Schltr. 1923
- Psittacoglossum atratum La Llave & Lex. 1825
- Maxillaria punctostriata Rchb.f. 1876