Lycaste deppei is a plant belonging to the orchid genus Lycaste.
Plants are found growing on trees and rocks in the montane forest of Tamaulipas, Puebla, Vera Cruz, Oaxaca and Chiapas states of Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua at elevations of 1100 to 1700 meter
Plant blooms in the spring with a single 11.5 cm wide flower. Flowers are fragrant.
Grow in diffused bright light and keep in cool to warm temperatures. Keep humidity from 40 to 70%. Water regularly during growing season. The potting media should be a little moist in between waterings. To prevent rot, avoid water from touching leaves. Reduce watering during the winter. Pot plants in 75% fine bark and 25% perlite or in full sphagnum moss.
|Lycaste deppei||Petals are white, sepals are green with brown spots, lip is yellow|
Common Name:Deppe's Lycaste
- Deppia mexicana Raf. 1836
- Lycaste chrysoptera Morr. 1849
- Lycaste deppei var praestans Linden 1898
- Lycaste deppei var rosea Oakley 2008
- Lycaste deppei var viridis Oakley 2008
- Lycaste deppei [Lodd.] Ldl. var punctatissima Rchb.f. ?
- Lycaste leiantha Beer 1854
- Maxillaria chrysoptera [Morr.] Beer 1854
- *Maxillaria deppei Lodd. 1833
- Maxillaria leiantha Beer ?