Laelia speciosa is a plant in the genus Laelia.
Plant bloom from spring to summer with several 15 cm wide flowers. Flowers are fragrant.
Plant is found growing in the oak forest of Mexico open oak forests at elevations of 1400 to 2400 meters
Plants should be grown in medium fir bark with partial to full sun. Plant is a cool to intermediate growing orchid species. Water approximately once a week. Plant can also be mounted.
Common Name: May-flowered Laelia
- Amalia grandiflora (Lex.) Heynh. 1846
- Amalia majalis (Lindl.) Heynh. 1846
- Bletia grandiflora La Llave & Lex. 1825
- Bletia speciosa Kunth 1816
- Cattleya grahami Lindley 1841
- Cattleya majalis [Lindl.]Beer 1854
- Laelia grandiflora (La Llave & Lex.) Lindl. 1831
- Laelia majalis Lindley 1839