Isotria medeoloides is a cool growing terrestrial orchid from the genus Isotria.
The plant blooms in the spring with up to two 3.75 cm wide flowers. Flowers are pollinated by bees and also can mechanically self pollinate.
Plant is found in woodland areas and conifer forest of Eastern Canada; south North Carolina and west to Missouri, USA.
Common Names: The Medeola-like Isotria, The Small Whorled Pogonia
- *Arethusa medeoloides Pursh 1813
- Isotria affinis (Austin ex A.Gray) Rydb. 1901
- Odonectis affinis (Austin ex A.Gray) Schltr. 1911
- Pogonia affinis Austin ex A.Gray 1867
- Pollination in the Genus Isotria (Orchidaceae) Loyal A. Mehrhoff, III, American Journal of Botany, Vol. 70, No. 10 (Nov. - Dec., 1983), pp. 1444-1453