Ida fulvescens is a plant belonging to the orchid genus Ida.
Plant is found growing in the forest of Colombia and Venezuela at elevations of 1600 to 1700 meters
Plant blooms from spring to summer with a single 10 cm wide flower.
Grow in diffused bright light and keep in cool to intermediate temperatures. Keep humidity from 40 to 70%. Water regularly during growing season. The potting media should be a little moist in between waterings. To prevent rot, avoid water from touching leaves. Reduce watering during the winter. Pot plants in 75% fine bark and 25% perlite or in full sphagnum moss.
|Ida fulvescens variant||Sepals and petals are green. lip is orange.|
Common Name:The Brown-Yellow Lycaste
- Ida fulvescens var. jarae (D.E.Benn. & Christenson) D.E.Benn. & Oakeley 2003
- Ida fulvescens var. pallida Oakeley 2003
- Lycaste crocea Linden ex Lindl. 1846
- Lycaste fulvescens Hook. 1845
- Maxillaria fulvescens (Hook.) Beer 1854