Ida fimbriata is a plant belonging to the orchid genus Ida.
Plant is found growing in Colombia, Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador at elevations of 1000 to 2800 meters.
Plant blooms in the spring with a single 10 cm wide flower. Flowers are fragrant.
Grow in diffused bright light and keep in cool to intermediate temperatures. Keep humidity from 40 to 70%. Water regularly during growing season. The potting media should be a little moist in between waterings. To prevent rot, avoid water from touching leaves. Reduce watering during the winter. Pot plants in 75% fine bark and 25% perlite or in full sphagnum moss.
Common Name:The Small-Haired Lycaste
- Dendrobium ciliatum Parish 1864
- Lycaste barringtoniae var. grandiflora Hook. f. 1868
- Lycaste ciliata (Ruiz & Pav.) Lindl. ex Rchb. f. 1856
- Lycaste fimbriata (Poepp. & Endl.) Cogn. 1898
- Lycaste lata Rolfe; Lycaste lanipes Lindl. 1843
- Lycaste mesochlaena Rchb. f. 1854
- *Maxillaria ciliata Ruiz & Pav. 1798
- Maxillaria fimbriata Poepp. & Endl. 1836
- Maxillaria lanipes Ruiz and Pavon ?