Ida cinnabarina is a plant belonging to the orchid genus Ida.
Plant is found growing in Venezuela, Colombia, Peru and Ecuador at elevations of 1050 to 2500 meters
Plant blooms from winter to spring with a single 4.5 cm wide flower.
Grow in diffused bright light and keep in cool to intermediate temperatures. Keep humidity from 40 to 70%. Water regularly during growing season. The potting media should be a little moist in between waterings. To prevent rot, avoid water from touching leaves. Reduce watering during the winter. Pot plants in 75% fine bark and 25% perlite or in full sphagnum moss.
Common Name: The Cinnamon Colored Ida
- Lycaste cinnabarina (Lindl. ex Rolfe) Rolfe 1902
- Lycaste cinnabarina var major Oakley 2008
- Lycaste denningiana Rchb. f. 1876
- *Maxillaria cinnabarina Lindl. ex Rolfe 1893
- Sudamerlycaste denningiana (Rchb.f.) Archila 2002