Gastrorchis tuberculosa is a species in the genus Gastrorchis.
Plant blooms in the fall with several 7.5 cm wide flowers.
Plant are found growing in Madagascar at elevations of 200 to 900 meters
Plants require shade around 1000 to 2500 footcandles and intermediate to warm temperature requirements depending on the species. Plants should be potted in a mix that retain some moisture such as 40% fir bark, 30% sphagnum moss, and 30% soil. Medium should be kept moist during growing season. When growth matures with hold watering for 3 to 4 weeks. Repotting should be done after flowering.
Common Names:The Tuber-Forming Phaius
- Bletia tuberculosum [Thouars]Sprengel 1822
- Phaius tuberculosus [Thou.] Blume 1856
- *Limodorum tuberculosum Thouars 1822
- Phaius fragrans Grignan 1901
- Phaius simulans Rolfe 1901
- Phaius tuberculatus Blume 1858
- Phaius warpuri Weathers 1901