Encyclia candollei is a plant in the genus Encyclia.
Plant blooms from spring to summer with two to eight 2.2 cm wide flowers. Flowers are fragrant.
Plant is found growing in the oak forest of Belize, Guatemala and Mexico at elevations of 500 to 1500 meters
Plants grow in warm conditions and can be grown in medium size fir bark with perlite. Plant prefers drying periods between watering and bright light is recommended. Lengthen drying period a bit in the winter.
Common Name: Candole's Encyclia
- Encyclia flabellata (Lindl.) B.F. Thurston & W.R. Thurston 1977
- Encyclia laxa Schltr. 1918
- *Epidendrum candollei Lindl. 1839
- Epidendrum cepiforme Hook. 1839
- Epidendrum flabellatum Lindl.1853
- Epidendrum laxum Schlechter 1918