Dracula benedictii is an epiphytic orchid in the genus Dracula.
Plant blooms from spring to summer with few successive 4 cm wide flowers.
Plants are found in Colombia at elevations of 2000 to 2300 meters
Keep plant in partial shade. Plant can be grown in cool conditions. Pot the plant in fine bark with perlite or sphagnum moss. Water regularly and keep potting media moist.
Entomology: The plant was named after Bohemian collect Benedict Roezl in 1874.
Common Names: Bennedict's Dracula
- Dracula benedictii var. hubeinii (Luer) Hermans 1997
- Dracula hubeinii Luer 1980
- Dracula troglodytes (E. Morren) Luer 1978
- *Masdevallia benedicti Rchb. f. 1874
- Masdevallia troglodytes E. Morren 1877
- Hermans, Johan & Clare. Orchid Digest special publication: An Annotation Checklist on the Genus Dracula. Orchid Digest Corp., 1997.