Dendrobium tetragonum is a species of genus Dendrobium
Plant blooms from late winter to spring with one to five flowers. Flowers are 5 to 15 cm wide and very fragrant.
Plant is found in gullies of Southeastern Australia at elevations of 500 to 1000
Plant grows in cool to warm temperatures with medium amounts of light. Keep plant moist and fertilize during growth season. During winter reduce watering until new shoots appear. Grow in a well drain mix of sphagnum moss or medium fir bark. Plant can be mounted.
Common Names:The Rectangular-Bulbed Dendrobium
- Callista tetragona (A. Cunn.) Kuntze 1891
- Dendrobium capitisyork M.A.Clem. & D.L.Jones 1989
- Dendrobium tetragonum var. giganteum P.A.Gilbert 1937
- Dendrobium tetragonum var. hayesianum P.A.Gilbert 1937
- Dendrobium tetragonum A. Cunn. var. variabilis Gilbert 1937
- Dendrocoryne tetragonum (A. Cunn.) Brieger 1981
- Tropilis tetragona (A. Cunn.) Butzin 1982