Dendrobium spectabile is a species of genus Dendrobium
Plant blooms from october to may with around twenty 7.5 cm wide flowers.
Plants are found growing on coconut trees in Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu and the Solomon Islands at elevations of 300 to 2000 meters
Plant grows in warm to hot temperatures with high amounts of light(direct sunlight during the winter, 30% shade during the summer). Summer temperatures (day)around 27-29°, winter temperatures (day) around 24-26°, night temperatures between 18-21°. There must be a temp.difference between day and night, or the orchid will not bloom. Keep plant moist and fertilize during growth season.
Common Names: The Grand Dendrobium
- Callista spectabilis (Blume) Kuntze 1891
- Dendrobium tigrinum Rolfe ex Hemsl. 1891
- *Latourea spectabilis Blume 1849
- Latouria spectabilis Blume 1850
- Latourorchis spectabile [Bl.] Breiger 1981
- Sayeria spectabilis (Blume) Rauschert 1983