Dendrobium heterocarpum is a species of genus Dendrobium
Plant blooms in the the winter and early spring with few 6.25 cm flowers. Flowers are fragrant.
Plants are found in the primary forest of the Himalayas, Nepal, Bhutan, Sikkim, Sri Lanka, Myanamr, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Borneo, Java, Lesser Sunda Islands, Sumatra, Sulawesi and the Philippines at elevations of 100 to 1800 meters
Plant grows in warm to hot temperatures with medium amounts of light. Keep plant moist and fertilize during growth season. During winter reduce watering until new shoots appear. Grow in a well drain mix of sphagnum moss or medium fir bark.
|Dendrobium heterocarpum variant||Pedals and sepals are white with green lines, lip is white with a brown center.|
Common Names:The Different Fruit Dendrobium
- Callista aurea [Lindl.] Kuntze 1891
- Callista heterocarpa (Wall. ex Lindl.) Kuntze 1891
- Dendrobium atractodes Ridl. 1885
- Dendrobium aureum Lindl. 1830
- Dendrobium minahassae Kraenzlin 1910
- Dendrobium rhombeum Lindley 1843