Dendrobium chameleon is a species of genus Dendrobium
Plant blooms with one to six 2.5 to 3.75 cm wide flowers. Flowers quickly turn from white to yellow as they age.
Plants are found growing on rocks and tree trunks in Philippines and Taiwan, China at altitudes of 600 to 1000.
Plant requires cool to intermediate temperatures and medium amounts of light. Keep plant moist and fertilize during growth season. During winter reduce watering until new shoots appear but do not allow plant to dry out. Grow in a well drain mix of sphagnum moss or medium fir bark.
Common Names: The Chameleon Dendrobium
- Dendrobium chameleon f. alba Ames & Quisumb 1931
- Dendrobium chameleon var. ovatilabium Ames & Quisumb. 1931
- Dendrobium longicalcaratum Hayata 1914
- Dendrobium randaiense Hayata 1911
- Pedilonum longicalcaratum (Hayata) Rauschert 1983