Cymbidium elegans is a species of Cymbidium which blooms on a pendant inflorescence.
Plants bloom from fall to winter. When blooming the plant forms a 60cm pendant inflorescence with up to 35 flowers. Flowers are fragrant, yellow and 3.75 cm wide.
Plants are found in Yunnan, Xizang, China; Assam, India, eastern Himalayas, Nepal, Bhutan, Sikkim, and Myanamar. Cymbidium elegans is found in cool and intermediate areas, growing on rocks or trees and hanging over streams at elevations of 1500 to 2500 meters.
Plant should be grown in cool to intermediate areas with indirect bright light. Pot with bark and perlite. Plant prefers dry periods between watering. Water about every 1 to 2 weeks
Common Name: The Elegant Cymbidium
- Cymbidium densiflorum Griff. 1851
- Cymbidium longifolium D.Don 1825
- Cyperorchis elegans [Lindley] Blume 1849
- Limodorum angustifolium Buch.-Ham. ex Lindl. 1833
- Limodorum cyperifolium Buch.-Ham. ex Lindl. 1833