Comparettia falcata is a species of Comparettia.
Plant blooms from winter to summer with up to eight 2.5 cm wide flowers.
Plant is found in lower tree trunks and in tree branches of guava trees in the wet montane forest of Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, French Guiana, Venezuela Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Brazil and Venezuela at elevations of of 200 to 3000 meters.
Grow plants in cool to warm temperatures in shady to moderate light. Water plant when mix is about to dry. Plant should never be allow to dry out completely. Water approximately two to three times a week. Pot with fine fir bark or tree fern fibers.
Common Names: The Sickle-Shaped Comparettia
- Comparettia cryptocera Morren 1852
- Comparettia erecta Schltr. 1920
- Comparettia falcata var. paulensis (Cogn.) I.Bock 1986
- Comparettia paulensis Cogn. 1906
- Comparettia pulchella Schltr. 1920
- Comparettia rosea Lindl. 1840
- Comparettia venezuelana Schltr. 1919
- Ionopsis orchioides Kraenzl. 1921
- Orchis pauciflora Sessé & Moç. 1894