Comparettia, abbreviated Comp in horticultural trade, is a genus of orchids. It consists of 14 species
The species are usually distributed throughout tropical America, in particular the Andes. Plants are found growing on small twigs and branches at elevations of 800 to 1500 meters.
Flowers usually have a kidney shape lip with basal projections
Grow plants in cool temperatures in shady to moderate light. Water plant when mix is about to dry. Plant should never be allow to dry out completely. Water approximately two to three times a week. Pot with fine fir bark or tree fern fibers.
The genus is named after Italian botanist A. Comparetti
- Comparettia coccinea
- Comparettia coccinea var. longicalcarata
- Comparettia coccinea var. longicalcarata T.Hashim 1968
- Comparettia falcata
- Comparettia falcata var. falcata.
- Comparettia falcata var. paulensis
- Comparettia ignea
- Comparettia macroplectron
- Comparettia moroniae
- Comparettia pulchella
- Comparettia speciosa
- Comparettia splendens
- Comparettia × maloi (C. falcata × C. speciosa)