Cochleanthes marginata is a species of genus Cochleanthes
Plants bloom from summer to fall with a single 7.5 cm wide fragrant flower.
Plants are found in Colombia, Venezuela and Panama at elevations above 30 meters
Keep plant at cool to warm temperatures with high humidity. Keep plant in shade to moderate light. Potting media should not be allowed to dry out. Keep moist but not soggy. Water about every five to seven days. Plants should be potted in a well drain mix with medium fir bark with some perlite. Plant is best grown in a basket Potting media should never be allowed to dry out.
Common Names: The Rimmed Cochleanthes
- Huntleya marginata hort. 1852
- Warrea marginata Lindley 1852
- Warrea quadrata Lindley 1853
- Warsczewiczella velata Rchb.f 1865
- Warczewiczella vittata Anonymous 1887
- Zygopetalum fragrans Lindley 1851
- Zygopetalum marginatum (Rchb.f.) Rchb.f. 1863
- Zygopetalum quadratum Pfitzer 1881
- Zygopetalum velatum Rchb.f 1863
- Chondrorhyncha marginata (Rchb. f.) P.H. Allen 1949
- Warsczewiczella marginata Rchb. f. 1852