Cattleya forbesii is a plant in the genus Cattleya.
Plant blooms from fall to spring with up to six 11 cm wide flowers. Flowers are fragrant.
Plant is found growing on trees and rocks in Brazil at elevations of 200 meters
Plants should be grown in medium fir bark with partial to full sun. The plant is a cool to warm growing orchid species. Water approximately once a week. Plant can also be mounted.
Common Name: Forbes' Cattleya
- Cattleya fulva Beer 1854
- Cattleya isopetala Beer 1854
- Cattleya pauper [Vell] Stellfeld 1949
- Cattleya vestalis Hoffmannsegg 1843
- Epidendrum forbesii Rchb.f 1861
- Epidendrum pauper Vell 1825
- Maelenia paradoxa DuMort. 1834