Cattleya aurea is a plant in the genus Cattleya.
Plant bloom in the summer with 5 to 6 short lived flowers. Flowers are fragrant and 17.5 cm wide. This species is highly endangered in the wild and as such should never be bought unless it is guaranteed to be seed grown
Plant is found growing on trees in the states of Risaralda, Antioquia and Choco in Colombia at elevations of 300 to 1000 meters.
Plants should be grown in medium fir bark with partial to full sun. Cattleya aurea is a intermediate to warm growing orchid species. Water approximately once a week. Plant can also be mounted.
|Cattleya aurea agnes||yellow petals and sepals, lip is red with yellow patch|
Common Name: Golden Yellow Cattleya
- Cattleya chrysotaxa (Sander) God.-Leb. 1890
- Cattleya chrysotoxa Hort. 1891
- Cattleya dowiana var Aurea Will & Moore 1883
- Cattleya dowiana var. chrysotaxa Sander 1890
- Cattleya dowiana var chrysotoxa Hort. 1890
- Cattleya labiata dowiana aurea Veitch 1887