Catasetum luridum is a species of Catasetum found in South America.
Plant blooms in the fall with ten 3.75 cm wide flowers.
Plant is found growing in Bahia, Espiritu Santo and Rio de Janiero, Brazil.
Grow in warm conditions with partially bright light. Water regularly during growing season and when plants drop leaves during dormancy reduce watering. During dormancy only water about twice a month to keep pseudobulbs from shriveling. Resume watering normally when new growths occur in spring. Plants can die easily from over watering. Plants are usually grown in bark with perlite, cork, full sphagnum moss, and tree fern
Common name: The Pale Yellow Catasetum
- Anguloa lurida Link 1824
- Catachaetum literatum Hoffmanns. 1842
- Catachaetum squalidum Hoffmanns. 1842
- Catasetum abruptum [Link]Lindley 1842
- Catasetum craniomorphum Hoffm. 1814
- Catasetum literatum Hoffm. 1842
- Catasetum purpurescens Hoffm. 1841
- Catasetum squalidum Hoffm. 1842
- Catasetum turbinatum Hoffm. 1842
- Epidendrum allare Vell. 1831
- Epidendrum ollare Vell. 1831